Friday, October 16, 2009

A New Beginning

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hope to keep a log of my "aha" moments in family history research to share with my colleagues and family. The reality is that I need this journal so that I can remember my own "aha" moments!



Just a week ago, I revisted a letter I received from a possible distant cousin on our Elam line. He stated that his great aunt Neva Elam named her grandmother as "...Mary Lue or Lucindia...grandma Elam was a Piercey. She married a Low or Lowe after grandpa Elam died."



I located a Lucy Lowe in 1900 in Rutherford County Tennessee. A Lowe family history in the Rutherford County, Tennessee: History and Families (Paducah Kentucky, 2002), states that C.C. Lowe married Lucy Elam, a widow with three children. This profile perfectly fits our grandmother Lucinda E. Piercy Elam.

When I located Lucy and C. C. Lowe's headstones on findagrave.com, and the birth year on the tombstone was the same year we found in the 1850 census for our granmother Lucinda, I felt we had finally found what happened our Lucinda after Eli Elam died.

No comments:

Post a Comment